Bam! Pregnant!



I'm pregnant. As I sat on the floor of the handicapped loo at work waiting for the news to sink in, tapping the three urine marked sticks against the palm of my hand, only one thing came to mind…"that ain't no Etch-a-Sketch - this is one doodle that can't be undid, Homeskillet"…



And then…."oh nuggets. My parents are going to kill me."

Pregnancy as a stigma has plagued my sex life since my de-flowerment (well, pregnancy and AIDS of course). So when I realised I was up the spout…I freaked out - because that's what you're suppose to do, right?
 

That's when the worst thing ever dawned on me

I am 29 years old.
I am married.
I am well educated.
I have a mother flippin' job.
I earn a respectable living.
I have a pension and own a set of god damn pearls. 
THIS IS NOT A TEENAGE PREGNANCY! 


 …I am a fucking adult.  
 


 ...and I am having a baby.

Allie Brosh Where is Allie Brosh?? 

10 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the blogging world and congrats on the baby!

    I can tell already that I'm going to love this new blog as much as C for B.:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had another blog???? Do tell! I need to read it badly! :-)

      Delete
    2. Haha, Cheryl - my other blog is www.candyforbfast.com

      You should probably read this beforehand, to get to know Eke. But please be warned...cartoon vaginas and alcohol related nonsense fuel this blog's vibe.

      http://www.candyforbfast.com/p/meet-eke_4.html

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this comic. And I too only recently realized that if I got preggo today, it wouldn't be oen of those teen prengnancies everyone talks about - I'm an adult! It would be kind of normalish. That is just bizarre to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohooo!!!!! Scary, but congrats! =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mean adults have babies and not just teenagers? This comic is greatly amusing!

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lola! Welcome to the world of sleepless death. Congratulations, and I look forward to how your particularly skewed vision of the world processes the day to day of being pregnant. Glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I can't wait to hear all your prego stories :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very very exciting news. The baby bit, not the being-a-grown-up bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This makes me wonder... in a decade or two, when I settle down and (presumably) get myself responsibly knocked up... will that be the moment when I finally feel like an adult?

    Because I sure as hell haven't felt remotely adult-like for these first two years of so-called "adulthood."

    ReplyDelete